It’s the time of year when it seems like everyone is getting engaged or planning a wedding. Check out the biggest wedding trends that you can expect to see this year.
1. Translucent cakes- The trend in wedding desserts is caked that are barely frosted. They aren’t completely bare- a wedding cake with unfrosted sides is called a naked cake. A translucent cake has a think amount of frosting so you can see the cake through the frosting.
2. Live entertainment- Couples are more and more willing to give their guests all the entertainment they can. This can range anywhere from acrobats to live choirs.
3. Portrait studios and illustrators – Photo booths with props are getting worn out. More formal portrait studios are becoming more popular as well as on-site illustrators that sketch memories of the celebration.
4. Furry friends- seeing a four-legged ring bearer never gets old. The trend will continue into 2017.
5. Metallic dresses and breezy silhouettes- Metallic isn’t typically what comes to mind when you think of a wedding dress, but this year, gold threading, silver beading will be big.
6. All about nature- A wedding doesn’t necessarily have to be outside to have elements like wood and stone to give the outdoor vibe.
7. Food on the move- Non-traditional things like food trucks, family-style meas and food stations will be replacing formal sit-down dinners.
8. Reducing your carbon footprint- Socially and environmentally conscious brides and grooms want a wedding that reflects their values. So they’are using in-season and locally sourced food and flowers. Printing invitations on recycled paper and donating flowers to a hospital or nursing home after the reception are just a couple of ways a couple can stay environmentally conscious.