Whether you knew it or not, your favorite day of the year is here: National Cookie Day! Here are some recipes that are both quick and delicious to get you started!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in vanilla; add flour and mix well.
- Put through cookie press and form cookies onto baking sheets. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
OREO PEPPERMINT CRUNCH COOKIES
- 1 box white cake mix
- 8 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Oreo cookie chunks
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch pieces
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, butter, egg, extracts, and cream cheese. Beat until a soft dough forms. Stir in the cookie chunks, peppermint crunch pieces and chocolate chips gently. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop or roll the dough into 24 balls. Bake on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes. Do not over bake. The cookies will be very soft and look undone. Let them sit on the hot cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then gently remove them with a spatula to a piece of wax paper on the counter.
- Very gently tap the tops of the cookies with the bottom of a flat spatula to even out the tops. Let them sit until completely cool. Store in a sealed container. Makes 24 cookies.
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/4 c. flour
Roll heaping teaspoonfuls 2” apart on cookie sheet. Press into ¼” thick cookies with sugared glass bottom or fork. Bake 5-8 minutes at 375.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- one 12-ounce package of mini M&Ms
- In a bowl, mix together flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer), cream together butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). With the mixer on low, add in egg and vanilla. Return mixer to medium and mix until incorporated. Scrape sides if needed.
- With the mixer back on low, add dry ingredient mixture gradually until dough forms. Stir in M&Ms by hand. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat and set aside.
- Form balls from approximately 1 tablespoon of dough. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges are just barely golden. Remove from oven and let cool for a couple of minutes on baking sheet before removing and placing on wire rack to finish cool. Store in airtight container.
BROWNIE MIX COOKIES
- 18.25-ounce box brownie mix (JUST the dry mix)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Use an electric mixer to beat all the ingredients into a smooth dough.
- Scoop two tablespoons of dough at a time into mounds on an ungreased cookie sheet (see below for a step-by-step photo tutorial on my scooping method), keep dough about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and give cookie sheet a light tap on the top of the oven or counter top to release some air from the cookies (which creates those nice crackly tops).
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Can be stored in an airtight container or in the freezer.