Carrie Underwood sparked excitement for Christmas traditions on Wednesday as she posted a picture of a new tradition for her little family.
A couple of days ago, Carrie Underwood took some pictures of her 2-year old son, Isaiah, sitting in his high chair, decorating some Christmas cookies.
Her caption reads: “Made Christmas cookies with the little man today. I actually don’t think I’ve ever made Christmas cookies before but this will definitely be a new tradition in the Fisher household! Newsflash: Isaiah likes frosting (shocker)!”
Other country stars have also spoken about their Christmas traditions and holiday memories.
Brett Eldredge always grabs his guitar and sings some carols for his family. He
claims that he only ever works on Christmas when it’s singing for his family.
Thomas Rhett said that he and his wife “buy our tree before Thanksgiving, and my wife puts up lights the day before Thanksgiving. We just get super in the spirit.”
And some traditions are bit strange, like Dustin Lynch’s. He said, “My family gets anonymous gifts from Cousin Eddie from the movie ‘National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.’ It can be random like Jell-O or cat food. It’s always something bizarre from the movie. If you’ve seen it in the movie, it might wind up in the Cousin Eddie box.”
Here are some other classic but simple Christmas traditions:
- Host a Christmas Eve party with family, friends, or neighbors.
- Watch your favorite Christmas movie.
- Decorate with your favorite items. Here are some kid-friendly decorating tips you can do to keep the kids happy and safe.
- Cook hot wassail (hot cider) to warm you up and create a nice scent. Click here for an easy recipe.
- White elephant gift exchange
- Drive around and look at Christmas lights.